In this policy, the terms “we”, “us” and “our” refer to Green Business HQ Limited, and “website” refers to our website, www.greenbusinesshq.com. “you” or “your” refers to you as a user of our website and/ or customer of us.
We comply with the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 (“Act”) when dealing with personal information. Personal information is information about an identifiable individual. This policy sets out how we will collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information. This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the Act. If you wish to seek further information on the Act, see www.privacy.org.nz.
Our policy applies to the personal information we collect, maintain, store and use about you as our customers, visitors to our website and other digital services.
Changes to this policy
We may change this policy by uploading a revised policy onto our website. The change will apply from the date that we upload the revised policy.
Collection of personal information
Wherever possible, we will collect personal information about you from you directly. We also collect personal information about you in a number of ways:
- via website cookies when you visit any of our website;
- through any registration or subscription process (e.g. when you subscribe for our emails);
- through any contact you have with us (e.g. telephone call or email);
- when you enter a competition;
- when you buy or use our products and services; and
- from third parties where you have authorised this or information that is publicly available.
How we use your personal information
- to verify your identity;
- to provide services and products to you;
- to market our services and products to you, including contacting you electronically (e.g. by text or email for this purpose, or using Facebook or Google to advertise to you);
- to improve the services and products that we provide to you;
- to undertake credit checks of you (if necessary);
- to bill you and to collect money that you owe us, including authorising and processing credit card transactions;
- deliver goods to you;
- to respond to communications from you, including a complaint;
- to conduct surveys;
- to protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim; and
- for any other purpose authorised by you or the Act.
We may not be able to do these things without your personal information, such as deliver your online orders or respond to your enquiries.
Disclosing your personal information
We do not sell or rent your information to third parties, however we may disclose your personal information to:
- another company within our group; and
- other companies and individuals we employ to perform functions or services on our behalf, for example to:
- fulfil orders;
- deliver packages;
- send postal mail, emails or texts;
- provide marketing assistance;
- provide online advertising e.g. using Facebook, Instagram or Google;
- analyse data;
- process credit card payments;
- maintain our underlying IT systems;
- provide our website;
- provide customer services;
- legal; and
Such companies and individuals will have access to enough personal information needed to perform these functions but may not use it for any other purposes.
- a credit reference agency for the purpose of credit checking you (if necessary);
- other third parties;
- a person who can require us to supply your personal information (e.g. a regulatory authority);
- any other person authorised by the Act or another law (e.g. a law enforcement agency); and
- any other person authorised by you.
What types of emails will I receive from Green Business HQ? Can I unsubscribe from these emails?
As a registered user of our website, you may receive emails from us including newsletters and special offers. If you would no longer wish to receive these emails, you can opt out at any time by clicking unsubscribe.
Our website uses “cookies”, which are small data files that are stored on your computer when you visit our website. Cookies enable you to shop on our website and may be used in a variety of ways to enhance or personalise your online browsing and shopping experience. You may disable cookies by changing the settings on your browser, although this may mean that you cannot use all of the features of our website.
Protecting your personal information
We will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised activity, or other misuses.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in the Act, you have the right to access your readily retrievable personal information that we hold and to request a correction to your personal information. Before you exercise this right, we will need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates.
In respect of a request for correction, if we think the correction is reasonable and we are reasonably able to change the personal information, we will make the correction. If we do not make the correction, we will take reasonable steps to note on the personal information that you requested the correction.
If you want to exercise either of the above rights, email us at [email protected]. Your email should provide evidence of who you are and set out the details of your request (e.g. the personal information, or the correction, that you are requesting).
We may charge you our reasonable costs of providing to you copies of your personal information or correcting that information.
It is our goal to provide the highest possible level of service and set best class practices as part of our ethos. Although we strive to provide high-quality content on our website, we do not guarantee or warrant the accuracy, completeness, suitability, availability, or timeliness of anything posted on our website. Prices and availability of products are subject to change without notice. In the event of any such change we will communicate with our customers prior to dispatch of an order.
By using our website, you are consenting to the collection of information by us in accordance with this policy. Please note that we reserve our right to amend, remove, or vary this policy without notice. You should check this page regularly to take notice of any changes we have made to this policy.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We use the information we collect to enhance your overall Green Business HQ experience. We do not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to others. If you would rather not receive any marketing emails from us, you may opt-out at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send to you.
Please get in touch with us if you have any questions about this policy: [email protected].